Tradition meets modern

MertonViertel Frankfurt am Main is one of the newest office premise areas in the Rhine-Main region – and at the same time is one of the locations that is richest in tradition. It is named after Wilhelm Merton, a native of Frankfurt, who established the metal business in 1881.

Following the closure of the main production facility of the United German Metalworks, a subsidiary of the metal company, construction of the first office premises began in the early 90s on the site of today’s Mertonviertel. A total of 20 office premises were gradually created in the area where around 150 companies and organisations reside today.

One of the most important milestones for the development of the quarter was laid in 2004 when the MertonViertel obtained its own motorway connection to the A661. Ever since then, the most important transportation nodes in Germany and the Rhine-Main region have been accessible within a matter of minutes. With the residential area Riedberg and the Science City Frankfurt, a thriving city district is emerging in the north of the MertonViertel, which has sustainably enriched the location’s direct surroundings.

Objects at Mertonviertel